Expressions of Interest to Join your Facebook Stitchy Friends/Family on Rottnest Island, Western Australia for a relaxing fun filled weekend on October 24th and 25th, 2020. We can stitch all day in the comfort of one of the cottages. This is a general stitching retreat, you can bring anything that you want to work on at the time, it is not a designer specific retreat. Due to not hiring a venue this retreat will be strictly limited in numbers! If the expressions of interest are more than expected, we will be hiring a hall on the Island, which may include catering, if this is the case an unknown amount at this stage may be required. But I will update this listing when the expressions of interest come through.
If a fee applies, The price of the retreat includes:
- A weekend with Friends who you have met via Facebook groups who you wanted to meet
- Coffee/Tea Station all day and catering if available.
Colour Cascade Fabrics will also have a mini pop up stall for you to purchase products over the weekend, but due to having to travel by boat, it will not be as much as is normally available at the regular Mandurah Retreats.
Please bring along any finishes you may have as well! We would love to have a display for the weekend of all our beautiful work.
All for only $? (this will be updated if we need to hire a hall)
Places are limited, make sure you book early to avoid disappointment. All we are asking for now is expressions of interest, no payment required unless we need to hire a hall, I will send out emails to those who have expressed interest letting you know of any charges that may be required in this event. Also, if you do decide to send and EOI, but change your mind, please let us know as soon as possible so we don’t hire a hall when it was not needed. In the event that we do need to hire a venue, please know that we will do our best to get the best deal possible to avoid a high fee. We aim at keeping the price of a retreat under the $100 mark, which solely covers venue hire and catering per person.
All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions which are listed below.
Accommodation is NOT INCLUDED in the registration fee. Rottnest Island has a great range of accommodation available. If you are coming as a group, why not share the cost of a room?
Here are links for Accommodation on Rottnest Island.
Hotel Rottnest (This location is being renovated and is due to re-open in May 2020, so they may be able to take bookings for Oct 2020)
Here’s a tip: Subscribe to the Airlines emails, Jetstar is always having return for free sales!
Transport options to and from the Airport to Fremantle Docks to catch Ferry
Airport Shuttle Bus ~ http://www.airportshuttles.com/perth.php?gclid=CO-87YWn78sCFYSYvAodYQEJGQ
Public Transport ~ http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/
Terms and Conditions
- The Deposit will be Non-Refundable (If a fee applies)
- The remaining balance must be paid on or before 1st August 2020. If your balance is not paid by the due date and we cannot contact you, you will forfeit your spot at the retreat and it will be opened to the first person on the waiting list. (If a fee applies)
- If you cancel prior to 1st July 2019, we will refund your retreat payment paid to date, less the non refundable deposit of $50.00. (If a fee applies)
- In the event that the retreat is cancelled we will refund 100% of all registration fees paid. (If a fee applies)
- Travel to the Island, Accomodation and Dinner costs are not included in the price.
- Travel from the Airport to the Island are not the organisers responsibility, please have arrangements in place before you get to Perth airport. A list of options is available above.